April 2020 to Current
International Survivor of Human Trafficking (ISTAC) board member, ODHIR, OSCE
- Assist ODIHR’s work in combatting trafficking in human beings
November 2020 to Present
Young Academy of Scotland (YAS) member
April 2020 to Present
Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
- Assist thePGR Community building team at the School of education to develop a community of postgraduate researchers. I also help with organising PGR seminars.
December 2017 to Current
Management Committee Member, Right to Remain, London
- Work as a volunteer member of a management committee and engage in monitoring the activities of the organisation to ensure they are in line with the founding principles, objectives and values of the organisation.
March 2019 to June 2019
GRAMNet Refugee Festival Scotland Intern, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
- Coordinated a series of events which form GRAMNet’s programme for Refugee Festival Scotland 2019.
November 2017 to September 2018
Education and Employment Advisor, RETAS Leeds, Leeds
- Worked with asylum seekers who have been granted refugee status to transition successfully from living as asylum seekers in Home Office accommodation to living independently in alternative accommodation, and integrating successfully into local communities throughout Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield.
June 2017 to November 2017
Separated Family Organiser, Safe Passage, UK, London
- Worked in identifying and engaging with people in the UK who have family members—specifically children or vulnerable adults—who are stranded in conflict zones around the world, or in other countries having been displaced.
November 2015 to August 2016
Support Worker, Priory Hospital, Keighley, UK
- Started working as a support worker for adults with mental health problems and then moved to a dementia ward within the same hospital
- Reporting and documenting patient activities or assessments
- Participated in training like Management of Violence and Aggression (MVA), Safeguarding Children and Adults, and Basic Life Support.
October 2014 to October 2015
Senior Psychosocial Caseworker, StARS Egypt, Cairo, Egypt
- Worked as a long-term senior psychosocial casework for unaccompanied refugee children
- Assisted n developing policies and procedures for Unaccompanied Children and Youth (UCY)
- Developed a data recording system in line with the Child Protection Case Management Standards
- Facilitated Best Interest Determinations (BID) to identify possible durable solutions for children
- Represented the UCY Program /StARS at bilateral and inter-agency meetings
- Developed training for new caseworkers on community mobilisation and child protection
January 2013 to October 2014
Community Facilitator, UNHCR, IOM and USA Embassy in Cairo, Egypt
- Worked as a community facilitator and organiser
- Accompanied clients to doctors, embassies, interviews and to other partner organisations
January 2013 to September 2014
Community Facilitator and Interpreter, Africa and Middle East Refugee Assistance (AMERA), Cairo, Egypt
- Worked as a community facilitator and interpreter
- Accompanied clients to doctors, embassies, interviews, and community centres
May 2011 to September 2012
Graduate Assistant and Secondary School Teacher, Comboni College; Eritrean Refugee School in Khartoum, Sudan
- Taught mathematics, physics, biology, and geography to students
March 2011 to June 2011
Interpreter, Shagarab Refugee Camp, Sudan
- Provided interpretation services in local Eritrean languages (Bilen, Tigrigna, and Tigre)
January 2011 to March 2011
Secondary School Teacher, Ministry of Education, Eritrea
- Taught mathematics, social sciences, biology, physics, and natural sciences.
September 2010 to January 2011
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Eritrean Institute of Technology, Asmara, Eritrea
- Assisted lecturers to teach urban geography, statistics, and demography to first-year students
- Provided academic support to students along with the responsibility of fieldwork